Hello! I’m Brenda Copp
Beliefs that make me unique as a therapist:
• I employ concepts, strategies, and techniques of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I intend for my interventions to serve as a catalyst for change.
• I specialize in trauma, abuse, and attachment therapy.
• I offer eclectic techniques that include EMDR, TF-CBT, ART, Sandtray, Play Therapy, and Faith Based Therapy.
• I meet each client where they are.
• I encourage progressive movement through discovery and ah -ha moments designed and crafted for individual discovery since individual realization is what motivates the forward movement as opposed to being told what to do.
• Each client’s journey is individually crafted to his or her individual needs
• I describe recovery as a journey of personal discovery, which includes new learning on how to live well.
• I believe mental health recovery is a unique experience to each person, and is possible for everyone.
• Personal recovery is fundamentally positive. It focuses on one’s strengths, values and preferences rather than on one’s issues, problems, or illness. It’s about resilience and possibilities. Its positivity creates hope.
• Personal recovery is also realistic and practical. It’s about identifying and dealing with whatever’s getting in the way of one’s emotional wellbeing.
• Recovery brings change, and change is challenging; but recovery also brings hope, inspiration and empowerment to one who may almost have forgotten what those things feel like; therefore, promoting the ability to meet any challenge.
• Clientele served includes children, adolescents, and adults.